And the winner is….

Ms. Pink.

But…what does that mean?

I selected for Calm.  Stable.  Manageable. Confident.

Realistically, the litter was even for the qualities that matter most to me.  All of the puppies appeared to be stable and extremely handler focused.  All of them were highly interactive by nature; following me around and choosing me over the environment.  All were natural retrievers of whatever I might choose to throw.

I chose the most independent and bold of the female puppies.   I also liked her style of playing tug – quiet, confident, and engaged.  I liked that she could sit quietly in my lap, either snuggled under my chin or gently licking my face.  She’s certainly not dull, but she has a clear head about her.

I can’t wait to get to know her.  That will come tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the one after that.   One day I’ll feel like I know her inside and out, and I’ll laugh at assumptions I made today that did not hold true.

That’s the nature of selecting a puppy.

1. Congratulations! You’ve begun a new journey.

2. Oh, how wonderful! I can’t wait to read about your adventures! And maybe meet Ms. Pink next time Dragon and I are down there? 🙂

3. Good for you for picking what you needed over what you really wanted. That took great strength.

• Robin, it ended up being easy. It was simply obvious after I looked at the girls which one was the right one. And she had qualities that I like that the others did not, so I felt it was balanced.

4. I think she claimed you as hers. Congratulations.

5. Catherine Thomas

Congratulations! It sounds like Ms Pink is Ms Perfection 🙂 No compromise needed just as things should be!
    Catrherine

6. I know you got the very best one!!

7. Congratulations Ms. Pink!! You have just joined and awesome family. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

8. Oh I bet you are sooooooooooooo excited!
    Can I ask where Ms Pink is from?
    Any you tubes of her or a kennel page?
    Kim

• she’s from my own breeding program; it is a co-bred litter with Sprite and Fanfare kennels. I owned two of the great grandparents, so there is a lot of history here.

• That is great she is from your own lines. Are they out of the USA? Is there a web page to see the pups? Or a web cam?

Kim

• No; the web cam is off now; they are going home this weekend. They are 7/8 european working lines (malinois background) and 1/8 old american working lines.You can see pedigree and photos of relatives (but not puppies) on my sprite website.

• Ok, so are you getting her THIS WEEKEND?
        Can’t wait to see her cute face.
        Would you have one tonight to show me?
        I need a puppy fix!

Kim

9. Congratulations to you and Ms Pink! Waiting for more pictures and videos!

10. Yeh for Miss Pink! Fate has spoken. I could not be happier for you, Denise. All of the best to you and your new baby…the journey has just begun – and what a trip it will be.