SEMINAR: FDSA Bootcamp in Black Mountain, NC
A core of FDSA instructors worked together to identify weak spots that we have observed in our classes and seminars, and set about to create a curriculum to address them. The result is an intensive seminar focused on good training.
That means rather than being sport-specific, the seminars are applicable to anyone who teaches others or who wants to compete in their chosen sport.
Bootcamp topics and exercises will center around:
- Evaluating and training your dog as an individual
- Maintaining emotional comfort via handler decision making: Does your dog need choice or structure?
- Moving through working spaces to maintain connection and comfort
- Determining readiness to work and addressing a dog that is NOT ready – now what??!!
- Handling disengagement
- Developing training excellence: reinforcement, timing, setting, mechanics, maintaining and raising criteria
- Evaluating, planning and changing your training sessions
- Handling errors
- Just do it: creating behavior chains, proofing, generalization, progress!
- Your 30-day plan
When you register you get 4 hours of video lecture to review in advance, and then you join us live for a 2-day in-person seminar in Black Mountain, NC. To register for a working spot students should have taken at least 4 FDSA classes or workshops.